Desert Sage Society (DSS) Membership
Join a special community of donors.
When you contribute to High Desert Museum, a part of you becomes a part of the High Desert - now and for generations to come. As a Desert Sage Society member, you'll have the opportunity to share a more intimate relationship with the Museum, its leadership, other supporters and all the incredible exhibits and collections. This membership gives you a deep sense of satisfaction with special Museum privileges as you help us create a place to discover and preserve this treasured corner of the world. You help provide Museum access to all through Family Free Days, Senior Free Days, Museum & Me (a special time for those with disabilities to visit the Museum), and Museum passes made available through libraries in three counties and social services agencies.
As your commitment grows, so do the benefits to you, your family and to the community.
- Unlimited free admission for two adults, two adult guests and all children
- Exclusive invitations to exhibit opening events
- Private Desert Sage Society event
- Recognition on Desert Sage Society donor board in the Schnitzer Entrance Hall
- Raptors of the Desert Sky show tickets
- Museum guest passes
- Free admission to member evening events
- At the Silver Sage Trading store
- At the Rimrock Cafe
- Guest admission
- Rental of the Museum for events
In addition to everything listed above, members receive:
DSS Fellow ($1,000)
- Eight guest passes per year
Curator's Circle ($2,500)
- All Fellow level benefits plus an invitation to an intimate birds of prey encounter
- Additional 2 guest passes for a total of 10
Museum Associate ($5,000)
- All Curator's Circle level benefits plus an invitation to an exclusive behind-the-scenes wildlife tour
- Additional 2 guest passes for a total of 12
Director's Council ($10,000)
- All Museum Associate level benefits plus a private tour of the Museum's vault led by a Museum curator
- Additional two guest passes for a total of 14
Founder's Circle ($25,000+)
- All Director's Council level benefits plus a pioneer dinner at Mrs. Miller's 1904 ranch for up to 10 people
- Additional 2 guest passes for a total of 16
For information on becoming a Corporate Member of the Desert Sage Society click here.
To learn more about the Desert Sage Society, please contact Director of Development Heather Vihstadt at 541-323-3314 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Desert Sage Society members:
There are benefits that you may choose to receive or waive, depending on your interests. Optional benefits include: guest passes (valued at $10 each) and Raptors of the Desert Sky show tickets (valued at $2 per peson). The estimated fair market value for an annual membership, which includes unlimited admission for two adults, all member children/grandchildren and two guests is $104. Due to the fair market value of these benefits, your request for these items will decrease the tax-deductible portion of your gift. Please contact Director of Development Heather Vihstadt at 541-382-4754 ext. 248 or email@example.com for more information. Please note, if you are making a gift through a family foundation or donor advised fund, no tangible benefits may be provided in accordance with IRS regulations.
Your payment by check allows the Museum to utilize the entirety of your gift.