Art. History. Culture. Wildlife.
The Museum tells the stories of the High Desert’s diverse people and places through ever-changing exhibitions and permanent ones. The Museum sits on a 135 acre campus that includes multiple galleries, winding interpretative paths, and an expansive forest. Exhibits blend natural and cultural history, highlighting the ways that people have drawn on the High Desert’s resources and shaped the region over time. Learn more about the exhibits during our daily programs or sign up for a workshop, event or special program associated with one of the exhibits.
- Beyond Fences 5.27.17 – 11.12.17
- Legendary Landscapes 2.18.17 – 12.2.17
- Capturing Time: Celebrating 35 Years of the High Desert Museum through 1.7.18
- Innovation Lab: Design Inspired by Nature 9.2.17 – 2.17.18
- Dinosaurs Take Flight: The Art of Archaeopteryx 10.14.17 – 4.1.18
- Blake Little: Photographs from the Gay Rodeo 12.15.17 – 4.30.18
Permanent Indoor Exhibits
- Spirit of the West
- By Hand Through Memory
- Blanket Stories: Works Progress, Talking Stick, Steward
Permanent Outdoor Exhibits